MASS General Laws and Westborough Town By-Laws require all dogs to be licensed each year.
Dog licensing forms are mailed with the census in January. The Town Clerk’s Office starts licensing dogs January 2nd. All dogs must be licensed by March 31st. If your rabies certificate expires after March 31st, do not wait to license your dog. If the rabies certificate if current up to March 31st you may license your dog before you get the new vaccination.
Dogs should be licensed by 6 months of age. If you have a puppy or an adopted an older dog you should license the puppy as soon as it has been vaccinated or an older dog, as soon as the dog moves to town. Please bring proof (or mail a copy) of rabies vaccination and neutering or spaying the first time you license the dog.
- Neutered or Spayed: $15.00
- Unaltered Dogs: $20.00
- Dog Owners 70 and Older: FREE
- Disabled Veterans: FREE
Note: The Board of Selectmen voted (12/9/14) to waive fees for seniors 70 and older and all disabled veterans of Westborough. This exemption does not preclude licensing the dog or providing a current rabies certificate. Proof of age and Veteran’s Status is required.
- We Now Offer Online Payments for Dogs. Click here to visit our online payments page Follow instructions to license dog.
- Mail-In licensing requires: copy of the rabies certificate along with a check made payable to: The Town of Westborough. Mail-credit card payments are not accepted (you must complete on-line).
- Office Hours: Mon,Wed,Thurs, 8am to 5pm,
Tues 8am-8pm, Fri 7:30am-Noon
- Click here for a Dog License Application