Meeting Space Policy
Meeting space at the Westborough Public Library is available for use by non-profit entities and civic organizations. Guidelines for availability and conditions for using meeting space are set by the Board of Trustees.
All meetings and exhibits shall be cultural, educational, charitable, or civic in nature to provide general information or entertainment to the public. The room is not to be used for social, partisan religious, partisan political purposes, or for the benefit of commercial enterprises or individual use; you may not solicit for a particular business or cause, or gather personal information from attendees.
Questions of interpretation will be referred to the Library Director. Final determination rests with the Board of Trustees. Permission to meet at the library does not in any way constitute or imply endorsement of the users' policies, beliefs, or programs by the library staff or Board of Trustees.
Regulations for Use
- The applicant is expected to adhere to the stated purpose of the meeting.
- Meetings must be free and open to the public. Attendance is limited to no more than 40.
- No admissions fees or collections can be made.
- Coffee and light refreshments may be provided. No smoking or alcoholic beverages allowed.
- The space must be left in a clean and orderly condition, as determined by library personnel. If it is not, a cleaning charge of $50 per hour will be billed to the applicant.
- Each group is responsible for setting up the room. The library staff will assist if time and staffing allows. Wall hangings may not be removed or disturbed.
- Programs may not disrupt the use of the library by others. Persons attending the meeting are subject to all library rules and regulations.
- Meeting times must be scheduled during normal library hours and end fifteen minutes before library closing. Special permission to meet beyond closing hours may be granted to town boards and committees by the Board of Trustees. However, all exits will be locked at normal closing times. All town Board and Committee meetings shall end by 10:00 pm.
- Any handouts or distributed or exhibit materials are subject to inspection by the Library Director or Board of Trustees, and any press releases, advertisements, or announcements must be cleared with the Library Director (excluding official postings by Town Boards and Committees) prior to distribution or publication.
- Walk in use of library space is arranged at Main Circulation or with the Reference Librarian; and is first come, first served. All participants must adhere to stated library policies.
For reservations after July 1st please sumbit application by clicking this link: https://bit.ly/2uUxJ3V
For reservations before July 1st fill out the reservation form below:
We suggest submitting online reservations at least two weeks in advance, since space is limited and in high demand.
By submitting an online reservation the user is considered to have read and accepted the above “Regulations for Use”.
All Reservations for meeting space are pending until receipt of email confirmation.
If you need help completing the online form, please call the library and a staff member will assist you.