Westborough Library services include materials, events, classes, lectures, and space for visitors of all ages. Here are a few highlights:
The Westborough Room, located on the main floor, was established to help preserve Westborough's history. Its collection consists of vital records, town reports, genealogy publications, maps, photographs, and other materials of local historical and genealogical interest. Microfilm & fiche readers are also available for research.
A wide range of classes and special events are offered all year, for people of all ages. Some of our recent events have included:
- Baby storytimes for our youngest visitors
- Pajama Storytimes in the evening for families
- Teen Chocolate Olympics to celebrate the kickoff of the Winter Olympic Games
- Escape Rooms with Harry Potter and Westborough history themes
- Repair Cafe to get your broken items fixed
- Mindfulness Meditation series for adults
- "Can Your Fines" every February to help the Westborough Food Pantry
- Haunted Library planned and presented by teen volunteers for children and families in October
- Screen on the Green outdoor summer movie series
- Conversation Circles for adults to practice speaking English
- and so much more!
Test proctoring is available, by appointment, on weekdays between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Please contact the Library Director, Maureen Ambrosino, to schedule an appointment.
Computers are available to library patrons for wireless internet access and word processing. A library card is required to log on. Internet service is provided on seven computers on the main floor, and two in the Children's Room. Free, open wi-fi is available throughout the building. Printing is available from our computers or your wireless device, in color or black and white, for a small fee.
A self-serve copier and fax machine, located in the Parkman Street side lobby on the main floor, are available for public use for a service fee. Only outgoing fax services are offered, incoming faxes are not accepted. The machine accepts credit and debit cards only.
Home delivery of library materials is available for patrons who are unable to visit in person due to illness or disability. In addition, our staff visits nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and senior housing facilities each week to hold "Library Hours" and drop off/pick up materials for residents. Contact the Circulation Desk for more information.
Don't miss out on a few other great services too: