The Westborough Public Library Board of Trustees generally meets the fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:15 pm at the library. All meetings are open, public meetings, and Public Forum is usually the first item on the agenda. Meeting dates are listed in the calendar on the library website and on the town's calendar.
Library Trustees Subcommittees
Trustees on standing subcommittees typically deal with ongoing issues (such as the Library Building Committee) or provide Trustee representation to Library-related organizations. Trustees volunteer for these committees for a one-year term, starting after the annual reorganization of the Board. (Exception being the Library Building Committee). Positions are confirmed by the Chair and Vice-Chair.
- Director Evaluation (annual) - Chair, Vice-Chair, and at least one other Trustee.
- Library Building Committee
- Liaison(s) to the Westborough Public Library Foundation 2017-18 - Karen Fay, Bill Linnane
- Liaison(s) to the Friends of the Westborough Public Library 2017-18 - Kate Daly
- Outreach Committee: Responsible for outreach from the Trustees to the community; work with the Library Director, Foundation and Friends to support and guide outreach efforts. Develop and deliver repsentations to town groups for the purpose of generating support for, and awareness of, Library programs. 2017-18 members are Ed Baldwin, Kate Daly, Pat Fontes, Karen Fay, Dot Mello, and Shelby Marshall.
- Service Committee: Responsible for fanilitating volunteer library service projects like Eagle Scout/Gold Award projects. This committee is the primary point of contact for service projects that require Trustee approval. 2017-18 members are Ed Baldwin, Carolyn Fay, Jim Holmes, and Karen Fay.
To contact the Library Trustees, send email to email@example.com
To request time on an upcoming meeting agenda, contact Library Director Maureen Ambrosino at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days prior to a scheduled meeting.