The mission of the Westborough Affordable Housing Trust is to provide for the creation and preservation of affordable housing units in Westborough for the benefit of low- and moderate-income households and support efforts to improve housing affordability for our community in general.
The Westborough Affordable Housing Trust ("Trust") is a municipal entity and agent of the Town of Westborough. The Trust operates as a real estate investment, development, and management Trust on behalf of the Town in support of the Trust's mission.
The Trust is managed by a board of 5 to 7 Trustees. The Select Board appoints Trustees for overlapping 2-year terms. Under Massachusetts General Law, one of the Trustees is a representative of the Select Board. All other Trustees are members of the community.
The Trust is governed by a Declaration of Trust filed with the Registrar of Deeds and Article 17 of the Town General By-Laws. These documents define power, authority, oversight, and general operations of the Trust.
The Trust has adopted the following guiding principles as part of the Trust's commitment to best service the Town of Westborough.
- Help Westborough maintain the necessary Subsidized Housing Inventory with respect to MGL Section 40B
- Prioritize housing needs based on data analysis and community input
- Promote efforts that span the full range of affordable and workforce housing needs and programs
- Leverage projects that help the sustainability of the Trust
- Consider and respect the impact of projects on Town services
- Respect and reflect the architecture and styles of housing in our neighborhoods
- Work cooperatively with Town boards, committees, and departments
Westborough Affordable Housing Trust
34 West Main Street
Westborough, MA 01581
|Secretary/Select Board Representative
Agendas & Minutes
The Affordable Housing Trust meets at 9AM on the second Thursday of every Month in Memorial Hall at Westborough Town Hall (34 West Main Street). Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.